Wednesday, July 3, 2013

True then and now and always.

So tonight I was doing scripture studies with my Husband and over the last few weeks we have been studying the fall of Adam and Eve. After we read the scriptures that we wanted to read we decided to look up a talk. In the search bar I typed in the Fall of Adam and Eve and we found a talk given by President Kimball given in 1978. Wow that's a long time ago....well for me anyways =) As we started reading the talk something really neat happened, my testimony of what a Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is grew a ton. He spoke on the importance of the family and keeping the home protected. The best way to really explain how His talk directly applies to what is going on in the world today is to quote him.
     "There may be some who would disregard this and ignore the important things, yet we feel that almost everyone who stops to think of this and weigh it will conclude that when the home is destroyed, the nation goes to pieces." He goes on to say "We have the lingering, ominous suspicion that the proponents of many programs pay little attention, if any, to the sanctity of the home and the family." Spence W. Kimball The True Way of Life and Salvation 1978 April General Conference.

I stand by the Church's statement made just a few days ago:
"Regardless of the court decision, the Church remains irrevocably committed to strengthening traditional marriage between a man and a woman, which for thousands of years has proven to be the best environment for nurturing children." (http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-responds-supreme-court-marriage-rulings) I believe that the family is the center to the plan of Salvation and that marriage can only be between a man and a woman. I believe what President Kimball said that when the home is attacked that our nation will go "to pieces."

I also wanted to let everyone know that on Monday I have a Doctors appointment and will get to find out if we can do another Ultra sound or not. Also because I go to a different place for my Ultra sounds they have to send my information to my Doctor and then I wait to hear from the Dr. to know how everything is. The Dr. office called today and said baby looks great and developing normally. Yay!!

Tomorrow is the 4th of July and we have some fun activities planned. We are going to go watch a parade and then hang at home just the family. Then we have a ward activity (Church activity) planned for that evening. Happy 4th of July everyone be safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment